Join our VOLUNTEER TEAM on October 11-12!
We need volunteers at each exchange zone along the trail and at the finish line!
Online registration is now available! Click here to sign up.
Volunteers will be helping manage exchange zones with one of three responsibilities:
- Runner check-in — positioned where runners exchange slap bracelets, records time of the exchange (as well as names and bib numbers of both runners)
- Spotter — positioned approximately 50 yards in front of exchange, identifies and calls out team number of approaching runner so the next runner can enter the exchange area
- Parking monitor — proactively directs vans to park in designated areas so available space is used efficiently and vans do not block the course
Important items to note when choosing a location at which to volunteer:
- All exchange areas are listed by GPS coordinates, and most have actual addresses listed. For any location without a specific address, please use the coordinates supplied as if they are an address as you log into your GPS device to find the exchange location.
- Volunteers are permitted to register for more than one shift.
- Registered volunteers will receive detailed communication via email on October 10 and 11 prior to the event.
Volunteer Registration Information
- When registering through our Volunteer Registration System, VOLUNTEER LOCAL, an email address can only be used once.
- If you share an email address with a spouse or family member(s), only one person can use the email address. All others can register separately, but they must click the box “Check here if you do not have an email.”
- You can register for multiple volunteer jobs with the same email address, but they must be done at the same time. If you would like to add another volunteer job at another time, just click the box “Check here if you do not have an email” when registering for your additional job to ensure that your previous information is not deleted.
- All volunteer questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers under 18 years of age on race day must have a parent or legal guardian complete the registration waiver (email email@example.com for the waiver form). Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Due to the length of most shifts and the unpredictable nature of the event, children under the age of 12 are not permitted to volunteer or accompany registered volunteers.