Visit the Great Allegheny Passage website to learn more about fun places to explore during the race!
While there are several towns along the GAP, below are the towns near some key relay exchange zones where you might want to grab a bite to eat, rest and explore. Click here to learn more about food and beverage options, lodging, and places to park in each town:
- West Newton
- Buena Vista
Because the race will traverse almost the entire length of the 150-mile multiple use rail-trail system, we’re working with many of the ATA organizations in southwestern Pennsylvania and western Maryland. Click below to learn more about these organizations!
- Mountain Maryland Trails | Cumberland to the Mason-Dixon Line
- Somerset County Rails to Trails Association | Mason-Dixon Line to Confluence
- Ohiopyle State Park | Confluence to Connellsville
- Regional Trail Corporation | Connellsville to McKeesport
- Steel Valley Trail Council | McKeesport to West Homestead
- Friends of the Riverfront | West Homestead to Pittsburgh