Read below to learn the answers to our most frequently asked questions, and check back regularly for updates! Don’t see an answer to your question? Email us at email@example.com.
- How does all of this work?
Teams of 8 runners (or 4 for ULTRA teams) take turns running legs of various distances along the Great Allegheny Passage. Starting in Cumberland, MD and finishing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, teams will tackle more than 150 total miles over a two-day period. Click here for more details.
- Is there a time limit?
Yes, each team’s average pace should be at least 12:00 per mile.
- Are hand-crank and wheelchair participants permitted?
Unfortunately due to some rough terrain on certain parts of the trail, we are unable to permit hand-cranks and wheelchairs on the course.
- How can we run at night?
Almost all runners will run at least one leg of the race at night. This requires either a headlamp or a flashlight, as well as a reflective vest. Runners are strongly encouraged to carry cell phones while they run at night and do not listen to music. We expect it to be dark from about 6:00 p.m. on Friday until 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, and all runners are required to wear headlamps (or carry a flashlight) and reflective vests during those hours.
- Do teams supply their own vans?
Yes, each 8-person team will need to supply two vans, one for each 4-person group.
- Does the team need to run in the same order for the entire race?
Yes, your team will need to run in the same order for the entire race. If you choose to run out of order, your team will be disqualified for any awards (but you may continue with the race).
- Where can I find other runners looking to form a team?
Check out P3R Events Facebook page!
- What are the different types of teams?
There are three types of teams:
- 8-person team – each team member runs three relay legs
- 4-person ULTRA team – each team member runs six relay legs
- 4-pack team – each team member runs three relay legs, and the team joins another 4-pack team
- Click here to learn more about each type of team.